Steamed Egg with Seafood
Ask any Chinese what is their children’s favourite food and they would probably tell you this dish - Steamed egg with seafood. You can use any boneless and shell-less seafood in this recipe, because the presentation of this dish is very unusual and it makes an impressive dish to serve at a dinner party.
Ingredients (Serves 3)
- 3 king prawns with shell
- 12 pieces of seafood stick or 1 tub of crab meat
- 4 medium free-range eggs
- 400ml of water
- few sprigs of chives finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Prepare 3 heat resistant small bowls.
- Use crab meat or tear the seafood sticks into thin strips. Keep 12 thin strips aside for garnishing later. Divide the rest fill in each bowl. Remove the shells from the prawns, but keep the tails. stand each prawn tail side up in the middle of the bowl.
- Beat 4 eggs and add water and salt to beat thoroughly. Fill each bow with the same volume of the egg mixture.
- Fill a steamer to a 1/3 full of boiling water. Place the bowls inside the perforated pan and stack the pan on top of the steamer.
- Covered the steamer with a lid and steam the egg in high heat for 15 minutes.
- Before serving, garnish 4 strips of seafood and the chopped chives on top of each bowl and serve at once.