Roasted Duck in Plum Sauce
It is a Cantonese tradition to eat roast duck with plum sauce. However, if you have any left- over’s from a previous recipe, you can transform your left-over roast duck into a Cantonese classic. If you don’t have left-over’s, ready cooked roast ducks are available in most Chinese supermarkets.
Ingredients (Serves 1-2)
- A quarter of Roast Duck (1 portion)
- 3 tablespoons plum sauce
- If you use ready cooked roasted duck, it is best to have the duck cut into pieces first.
- Place the duck meat skin-side down in a wok or frying pan. Using a low heat to warm up the duck for approximately 2 minutes. Turn the meat over to warm for a further 2 minutes.
- Add 3 tablespoons of plum sauce over the duck. Turn the heat off when the sauce is bubbling. Serve at once.
- If you are serving your home-made roast duck with the plum sauce. Try to warm up the sauce in a small sauce pan. When the sauce is bubbling, drizzle over the roasted duck.